


Hello from Guangzhou. We are now at the White Swan hotel. It is very nice and also very expensive. Yesterday, Monday, was a long day. We really didn’t do much at the Nanning hotel because we just had to wait for all the children’s passports. We left the hotel at 5pm and headed to the airport. We said our good byes to our rep, Jane. It was an emotional time for all of us. She was a great help to Paul and I. She sang us a song from Sound of Music- Edelweiss. We had to wait at the airport for about 2 hours. During that time they changed our boarding gate 3 different times. We had to board a bus that took us to the plane. It was only a few steps away but that is how they do it in China. The flight was uneventful. Mikenna slept thru the whole thing. We can only hope the flight home will go so well. We checked into the hotel at 11 pm. It was a long day. Today, Paul and I woke up not feeling very well. We ate a dinner at the airport last night and I think that may have not set well with us. I have not felt well today and I’m hoping to go to bed early and get a good nights rest. Last night Mikenna did not wake up. I think she was so exhausted from being up so late. I told Paul that I know it will be a good day when Mikenna does not ask for her foster mom. The last 2 days it has only been at night. Today we took the children to their check up. Mikenna did very well. She cried when the Dr. tried to look down her throat. Other than that, she was a champ. We are still making baby steps every day. She engages other children in play and will smile and laugh when she is playing. Today we took her to a park by the examination building and she had a ball going down the slide. She will look at Paul on her terms and even sat by him for dinner. She fed him and he fed her. They played sword fighting with the silverware. That is a big step for her but yet will not let him hold her. My whole body hurts from constantly holding her (the hard box spring mattress’ do not help either). I brought a backpack carrier for her and she loves it IF I am the one carrying her. We tried to have Paul carry her but she screams so loud that I just give in to her. It was a little cooler here than Nanning and that helps when I need to have her strapped to me. We are anxious to come home.
I love reading your journals. It reminds me when Julie's boys and I would turn on the computer each morning to read what had transpired that day with their new little sister. I'm sure Mikenna will adjust and adopt all of you as her new family before too long as Ella has.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like Mikenna really loves that little green soccer ball. It makes an appearance in almost every photo! She'll fit right in with the other Kruit girls! I've really enjoyed following your journey and am continuing to pray for all of you.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Roxanne
yo dog those are really cute pics see you Friday
ReplyDeleteThat comment was from Brienna Elise Kruit the perfect one
ReplyDelete