


Our last full day in Guangzhou! We started out with Mikenna sleeping from 6:45pm last night until 8 am this morning. Our first full night of sleep. After breakfast, our whole group took a picture of the kids on the red couch. It was crazy but Mikenna did great. We had her in a traditional dress. We had the rest of the day to shop! We bought her some shoes that she wont let us put on because she wears the shoes all the time that she came to us from the foster mom. We bought her another dress for when she gets a little bigger. We also got her American name and Chinese name engraved on this stone so we will be able to use it as a stamp. We had fun (Mikenna and Mom, Dad wasn’t too thrilled). In the afternoon, I got the best treat, a massage! I’m going to make all of you jealous when I tell you that for 90 minutes of pure heaven, I paid less than $15 US dollars. It was better than any massage I have had in the states. Paul stayed with Mikenna who was sleeping when I left but her said that nap only lasted 30 minutes. They both survived. We then had our last night together and ordered Papa John’s pizza and took a river cruise up and down the Pearl River. It was a nice evening and the kids enjoyed playing with each other. All the families are ready to come home. Most of us have other children that stayed back and we’re all anxious to see them. I’m feeling much better today than yesterday (thank goodness). Mikenna had some more baby steps today. She sat in a high chair to eat breakfast and she also finally went in a stroller. My back was appreciating that. A big step was giving Paul his first kiss. She is making strides and yet she is still so vulnerable. If she doesn’t get her way, she just breaks down and cannot control herself. I think all of the kids in our group are really going to have a hard time when we leave for the states. All the families have become our extended family and we have grown close to them and their children. We will miss them so very much. Well, we stay good night from Guangzhou- next stop- Hong Kong!
We wish you safe travels home! I hope that Mikenna will do well on the flight -- hopefully she'll sleep a lot since it will most likely be during her night (and yours). We are so anxious to hear how everything is going when you get back home, and we'll continue to pray for Mikenna's -- and your -- transition.
ReplyDeleteLove to you all,
Julie