Friday, April 10, 2009
Home for a week
It has been a week that we have been home and Mikenna has been very busy. We started off last Saturday going to Melia's soccer game. She was introduced to our crazy life from the get go. She went to a total of 4 games and seemed to love it. I'm sure the fact that they are outside helped a lot. She also was introduced to the daycare kids. She enjoyed waking up each morning to see who would be coming over to play. She even started to cry when some of the boys would leave at night. We went to the Dr. today. She did just fine until the nurse stuck her for the TB test. She thought it was done until she got a shot in each of her legs. The US does not recognize immunizations from other countries, so we have to start her all over again. She cried for about 1 minute and after getting a sucker, she was fine. Tonight her little legs are sore. Thanks goodness for Tylenol. When the nurse measured her she said that she wouldn't measure correctly on our charts and I said that I thought she would be pretty close to an average 2 year old. She was in the 45%tile for her weight and height. She really wasn't that little. Mikenna has started sleeping thru the night again. Thank goodness. She is a crazy girl in bed so our next step is trying to get her to sleep in the port-a-crib. She is picking up new words each day and continues to show us the true side of Mikenna Kruit. Our girls are really enjoying her. She has given all of the girls and Paul kisses only when she decides that she wants to. The Dr. said that she is very social which means that she was well taken care of. The Dr. said she was happy with how she interacted with us and how she bonded with me already. Let's hope that she continues to make adjustments to her new life. I want to wish you all a very blessed Easter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My husband works with your husband's sister (at Volvo - different dept), and she gave us a link to your blog. We are leaving for China on May 6 to get our little girl. I stumbled upon a blog a few months ago and started to follow it. When we were looking at pictures of your trip, I was surprised to see the Hecky family in them. You were in the same travel group as the people whose blog I was following. Small world! We are going through Holt, also. Can't wait!!
ReplyDeleteChris