Friday, March 13, 2009

1 WEEK TO GO !

Here we are Friday, the 13 of March and I can not believe that next week at this time, we'll be at the airport waiting to leave for China. The emotions are SO high here at home. The girls are so excited and so are their friends and teachers. Their enthusiasm has triggered such excitement from everyone. It's kind of interesting how their teachers are even following our adoption. Paul and I were talking last night about how when we were growing up, we didn't know our teachers first names or we really didn't know anything about their personal lives. Things have changed so much since we were kids. I think it's great that the teachers want to share a little about their personal lives with the kids. I think it makes the kids realize that they have a life outside of school. Anyway, back to the millions of things that need to get done this week-end. Mikenna's luggage is all ready to go but Paul and I have yet to pack. We need to pack for cold and warm so we can wip out the summer things and pack those but the warmer things will need to wait until mid week to get packed. We had a phone conference this past Tuesday and all the people that will be traveling with us were able to dial in if they could. It was great to listen to Steve from Holt explain to us what we might encounter while in China. We also could ask questions which all of us had different concerns. I could just tell everyone just wants to get to China as quickly as possible. It will be nice to be traveling with a group. It looks like we will all start out together in Beijing and then we head to the Province where our children are and then we all connect again in Guangzhou. It'll be so much fun to see everyone with their new daughters or sons. I know we can't wait! Please continue to pray for Mikenna and the transition that she is going to be making from her foster family to Paul and me. Her little 2 year old mind can not phathom what is about to happen and I'm sure she will be scared at first. We're really hoping to learn how to communicate with her so that she understand us and we understand her. God is in control and He knows how everything is going to work out so I just need to rest in His hands and try not to worry.

1 comment:

  1. Lori and Paul,

    I'm sorry I didn't get to give you a big hug and wish you Bon Voyage before you left! I hope you have a safe and smooth journey. i will be praying for you both and for Mikenna's transition. I'm sure you will have challenges to face, but oh so much joy as well. I will be anxiously awaiting your next entry!

    Love, Heidi

    ReplyDelete