Well, we have made some progress today. Mikenna not only smiled, she did it with giggles. We were at a village about an hour away from Nanning and we were sitting in a woman's house and I was playing with one little girl. I was showing her how I put my sunglasses up on my head when I am inside a house. Well, Mariah tried to put her glasses on Mikenna and she smiled. Then we made a game out of it and sure enough the smiles kept coming. After we got back from the village, we were up in the room and I really got her smiling and laughing. We made a BIG step today. Mikenna still wont go to Paul but she did look at him at different times for a long period of time. I am so encouraged by this step. We still need to get her to understand us and vise versa. She ate really well today. Yesterday, she just kind of grazed. So we definitely are happy. I hope you enjoy the pictures and video clip.
Paul and Lori,
ReplyDeleteWow! Mikenna is beautiful! Glad to hear each day is getting better as you get to know each other. Amazing how fast kids are able to adjust! We look forward to hearing about the remainder of your time in China together. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Take care!
The Stones
I'm really enjoying your blog and Mikenna is a beautiful little girl, especially when she smiles. I'm so happy she is finally smiling and laughing for you. Enjoy every moment of these next few days. Have safe travels always....
ReplyDeleteHolly (and Oscar)
PRAISE GOD!!!!! What wonderful news!!! And a gorgeous little smile too!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a gift from God! She is so precious and it sounds like she is adjusting to her new mommy (and daddy too in due time). We enjoy your pictures so much!
ReplyDeleteLast weekend Loraine and Bob were here for two days before going up to Winter Park to ski, and this morning (Saturday) Bob and Signe and boys spent a couple of hours with us before they headed up to the mountains to ski. Bob and Signe got to see pictures of Mikenna, but I didn't have any yet for Loraine to see. However, they did get to meet Ella.
What a beautiful smiley happy little girl!!! Just wanted to check in and let you know what a great game Madison played today. They did lose but the girls really played their hearts out for a 1-0 loss without Megan M and Ellie.Can't wait to have our newest little Blue Thunder fan at the spring games. Take Care,
ReplyDeleteRoxanne
Lori and Paul,
ReplyDeleteChecked in today and YEAH for the smiles. She's even cuter.Hope your travels are safe. Love to you all, Lara