Wednesday, March 25, 2009

It's Official



We are officially the Kruit family of 7. This morning we boarded a bus to go back to the Civil Affairs office to be interviewed and then we received her certificate of adoption. We then had to go to another building and be notarized and interviewed with a few questions. Mikenna has taken to me all day today. She didn't mind Paul holding her for a short period but since this afternoon, it has been all me. We went to a park this afternoon that is absolutely beautiful. She enjoyed being outside but really didn't want to do much. She still has her guard up. She has been asking for her foster mom which breaks my heart. I think today has been a lot more emotional for me than yesterday(and Paul would quickly agree). After we got her certificate of adoption it just really sunk in how much her birth mother has given up and she will never know what happened to her daughter. We found out that Mikenna's foster mother is about 58 years old and lives with her husband on a cow farm. The foster mother has a son and a daughter that live in the city. So Mikenna was being raised by a 'grandmother and grandfather' that gave her a lot of attention. We think she may have ruled the roost there! Continue to pray as Mikenna goes thru the grieving process. I know she is asking for her foster mom because mommy is said mama in Chinese so it is the same as English. She is finally asleep and hopefully for the entire evening. She slept pretty good except that we were up at 4:45am. Our escort told us that it could take 3-4 days before she sorts things out and realizes that we are her family. I'm really tired this evening so I'm going to sign off and try to sleep since we don't know how long Mikenna is down for.

4 comments:

  1. Oh she is so beautiful!! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful adoption experience with us. I am praying for you everyday.
    Blessings,
    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori and Paul, I'm so excited for you. I can't imagine the emotions running through you. She is so cute. I can't wait to read more about your journey. Love, Lara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul and Lori,

    I am thrilled to be reading such wnderful news! What a blessing she is! She is already loved by so many and will continue to be surrounded by love all her life. She is as blessed as you! Thank you for sharing this with us. We look forward to hearing more!

    Love and prayers,
    Heidi and family

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have been praying for Mikenna and you all week. Hopefully she is beginning to trust and accept you. She is beautiful. Hopefully we will see her smile soon. The rest of your girls are fine, including Madissen. Veronica will be a huge distraction. She arrived in her 2 yr old way trying out all the Kruit things. Your girls were excellent listeners and helpers last week-end. We will be anxious to meet her when we get home. We will continue to pray for all of you as she transistions into your home.

    Love,

    John, Susie, Matthew and Brooke

    ReplyDelete