This poem was written by our Meriah this year in her language arts class:
ADOPTING FROM CHINA
EW! The smell of 'snack lane' in the streets of China.
The smell is like dirty socks your brother wears.
Scorpion, snake, kidneys, all different in taste and smell.
You take a bite of something you thought was chicken.
CRUNCH, CRUNCH, CRUNCH!
All the food is the hard work from the people.
Finally the day comes...
Everyone crying,
Holding someone they've been waiting years for.
The tears trickling down their faces.
DRIP, DRIP, DRIP!
'WA, WA, WA'
Little Mikenna's cry
Seeing them cry...
Your crying even more!
Getting the adoption finalized.
FEW! What took so long?
Even the final signatures of my mom and dad say, 'FEW!'
TICK, TOCK, TICK, TOCK,
My sisters and I waiting anxiously!
TICK, TOCK, TICK, TOCK.
The tires rolling on the driveway...
It sounds like I have just won something valuable.
Finally, we get to meet our little sister!
We all wake up the second we hear her little cries.
Her cries are as loud as 100 elephants going up and down our stairs!
But... her cries are the hard work that pays off!
Maybe, just maybe we will experience the world of adoption again!
written by Meriah Kruit (2010)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Very cool Meriah! I'm glad I got to read it:)
ReplyDelete