
Wow! For several days I have had a host of many emotions! I can't tell you how many times that I have thanked God for all my girls! They are each precious and they were brought into Paul and my life thru nothing short of a miracle. I'll start with my JOY! I have been blessed with Melia, Brienna, Meriah, Madissen and now our newest- Mikenna! Paul is really out numbered, not to mention all those hormones flying around! Anyway, God has entrusted us to raise these girls in a godly home and to love Him. The desire of our hearts is that each of our girls would love Him with all their hearts. We know that the 4 older girls have put their trust in God's love and we hope that Mikenna will someday know of Christ's love for her and want Jesus to be her Saviour.
Since Oct. when we received Mikenna's picture, I have had a sadness for her birth mother. She will never know what happened to her daughter. I praise her for giving her the best gift- the gift of life! She could have chosen many different options, but she ultimately saved her life. I can not even fathom that she felt she had no other option than to abandon her daughter. The best we can tell, Mikenna's birth mother took care of her for the first 3 weeks of her life. She loved her, fed her and took good care of her. Then she left her in a very safe place for someone to find her. My heart aches for the woman that gave Mikenna her life. She loved her more than she'll ever know. She has missed all of Mikenna's firsts- her first smile, her first tooth, her first step, that first slobbery kiss and hug... what a sacrifice this woman made for her daughter to have life.
Last week, we received pictures of Mikenna's foster mom and the place where she spent her first 2 years. To be honest with you, until then, I really didn't have a connection to this woman. Now that I see her face and know that she helped to raise Mikenna and gave her love, I now know she also must be mourning the loss of Mikenna. She got to see all those first because 3 days after Mikenna was brought to the orphanage, she was placed with this lady. She really taught Mikenna a lot and we are grateful that she opened her heart and loved Mikenna before she came into our family.
So as you can tell, it was a mix of emotions that I celebrated my first mother's day with Mikenna. She is with her forever family that loves her so much. She has opened up so much in the 5 1/2 weeks that we have been home. We look forward to many firsts that we get to share with Mikenna.
As I close, I want to pray for all of Mikenna's Moms-
Dear Lord- My heart is heavy with the loss that Mikenna's birth mom and foster mom must feel. My hope is that somehow these women would come to know you as their Lord . They have both loved Mikenna and for that I am so grateful. You protected her from harm. You made her perfect and I pray that she will grow up knowing and loving you. Thank you for allowing me to be Mikenna's forever mom- Amen! Amen!
I can't stop crying! I am so touched and moved by your entries -- you've put words to so many of my own emotions regarding Ella and her birth mother. These women live lives with broken hearts and a level of sacrifice we will never understand. We, too, pray that God will reveal Himself to these amazing, women, and that our babies will one day know them in God's eternal kingdom. Thank you so much for your beautiful entry. Mikenna is so blessed to have you for her mother!
ReplyDeleteJulie